The Johnston County Career and Technical Leadership Academy will serve students who want to earn a college-level Career and Technical degree while in high school or earn a college transfer associate degree in order to be career or college ready.
In partnership with Johnston Community College, students will graduate with a high school diploma from JCS and an associate's degree from JCC in five years.
Degree programs are available in four areas: College Transfer, Computer Networking, Nurse Aide and Medical Assisting. Two years of coursework at Johnston Community College is free for students enrolled in the academy.
Specialized Programs of Study
- 5 year program of study
- 2 years of college absolutely free
- Earn high school diploma and Associate degree
- Move straight into a career, or transfer to a four-year college
- Partnership with Johnston Community
- Industry specific certifications
- Career preparation and training
- College transfer assistance
Who do we want?
- Associate of Science: College Transfer
- Associate in Applied Science: Medical Assisting
- Associate in Applied Science: Nurse Aide
- Associate in Applied Science: Computer Networking
- Students motivated by career & college
- Students interested in a non traditional high school setting
- Students whose parents did not attend college
- Hands-on learning
- Classes held at Clayton High School from 9:30 am-3:30 pm
- District wide transportation available
- Smaller classes (20 per class)
Read Dr. Renfrow's 2016 Freshman Focus here